For those travellers coming from Maputo, South Africa or Swaziland, through the inevitable EN1 highway, in search of the more amenable beaches north of Maputo, can visit the beach at Bilene, 30 km away from the main road, situated by the shores of a great lagoon, 27 km in length, and opened to the sea.
In addition one can also enjoy the beaches at Chongoene and Zongoene, each one with its particular charm, situated at the mouth of the Limpopo River.
For lovers of ecotourism this province offers access to the Área Transfronteira do Grande Limpopo (Great Trans-frontier Limpopo Park) with its richness in fauna and biodiversity.
Points of note about the Province
• Better known as the breadbasket of the country;
• Great rice producer in the Limpopo valley;
• Where one finds the Xai-Xai beach and the marine turtles habitats.
What to visit
• Besides the beaches of Bilene, Xai-Xai, Chidenguele and Zonguene, one can visit the national parks at Banhine, Zinave and Limpopo which is integrated in the Limpopo Great Trans Frontier Park (with the Kruger National Park , the Makulete Park of South Africa and the Gonarezhou National Park of Zimbabwe)
• The Massingir dam is situated next to the village that gave its name and adjoins the Limpopo Park.
• At the Limpopo delta, one can watch and photograph many animal species in their natural habitat.
Visit the irrigated agricultural zone at Chókwé.